Child Life Specialists - for comprehensive child-centered care in the pediatric clinic
When sick children have to leave the security of their families to be treated in a clinic, their vulnerability becomes particularly clear. Children with life-threatening, complex, rare diseases died in early infancy and childhood just a few years ago. Today, thanks to major advances in medicine, they can survive, but often require inpatient care due to complications. To ensure that these children receive the best possible child-centered and holistic support that is characterized by respect and humanity, not only doctors and nurses but also social pedagogues and psychologists are needed to address the specific needs of children in hospital:
- They help as comforters when sick children and their parents need them.
- They help as caregivers who have time when the child needs them.
- They help as contact persons for all questions concerning the daily routine and stay in the hospital.
- They help as educators who teach children about illnesses and treatments.
- They help as counselors who provide competent assistance to parents and families.
- They help by giving time and attention.
- They help by taking care of the rights of sick children.
Please help with your donation: Make a contribution to better care for children in hospital!
Help with your donation and ensure that all sick children from Munich and Upper Bavaria can expect the best care at the Hauner in case of illness. We are happy about one-time donations as well as permanent donations. We would be happy to meet with you to discuss donation options together. Every donation helps and 100% is used for the Child Life Specialist program.
You directly help sick children, the weakest members of our society!
Our donation account
IBAN: DE93 6305 0000 0035 33 | SWIFT-BIC: SOLADES1ULM (Sparkasse Ulm)
Donation purpose “Child Life Specialists”